Pages

Thursday 23 December 2010

On the Road



I was travelling on the plane today heading towards Thailand with my friend Leish. I was looking at her sitting in her seat across the aisle - she had covered her whole body with a blanket so she could sleep. I smiled that smile which reminds me how boring it can be to be a grown up at times. Life should have a balance - almost like a frozen packet of mixed berries, full of delight. Sometimes life can be very complicated and over rated; I don’t think it was ever meant to be that way.

Finding a balance is like learning how to ride a bicycle for the first time. Remember how difficult it was without the training wheels, they were a much needed asset. However once you decided you can do it on your own and lose the trainers, it was a great feeling but still a little frustrating. The pain of falling off a few times may have helped you to keep your balance because you realised how much it hurts to fall, until finally you get the hang of it. Then a confidence arises that boasts “I can do it on my own”. And you’ve succeeded.

That is how I see my journey in life with a pair of training wheels on for different seasons and eventually I lose them because I don’t need them anymore, I’ve learnt how to balance myself.


I try not to get caught up in things which do not seem so important and remember the direction I choose in life is always my own decision. I try not to take the trainers of too soon… but sometimes it’s just what happens and so I have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment